10 Reasons People Avoid Counseling
Counseling is simply getting help to deal with life’s difficulties, big and small, but people have many reasons they avoid it.
Do any of these sound like you? Below are some common reasons.
- “My problems aren’t THAT big.”
- “I don’t want to start looking at things because I don’t know what else is there.”
- “I’m not crazy.”
- “What will people think?”
- “I don’t want to be weak.”
- “I don’t have time.”
- “I can tough it out.”
- “Sounds like too much work.”
- “My problem is unique and no one can help me.”
- “It sounds like work—why would I want to do that?”
I encourage you to ask yourself what the cost will be if you don’t make changes.
How will your life be impacted if you continue to feel stressed, anxious, sad or depressed? What will life be like if you continue to struggle in relationships or battle a lack confidence? You have much to gain by working to overcome these challenges.
The safe and supportive environment I provide can help you understand your situation and your beliefs about yourself. This will strengthen you to live a fulfilling life.