EMDR Certified and EMDRIA Approved Consultant
Kay Simmeth is an EMDR Approved Consultant and EMDR Certified by the EMDR International Association. She has performed over 1000 EMDR sessions with clients.
A clinician who is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant must complete the following:
- Be licensed or certified in their profession for independent practice
- Have a minimum of 3 years EMDR session experience.
- Have completed an EMDRIA approved training program in EMDR
- Have conducted a minimum of 300 clinical sessions in which EMDR was utilized,
- Have received twenty hours of consultation in EMDR by an Approved Consultant.
- Must complete twelve hours of continuing education in EMDR every two years.
EMDRIA is the professional association for EMDR practitioners. It is a membership organization of mental health professionals dedicated to the highest standards of excellence and integrity in EMDR.